Don’t get me wrong, I am SO HAPPY to finally have my little one here, but there are some things that I miss about being pregnant, especially being my first pregnancy and my first time experiencing it.
Sometimes I wish I could relive some things, and there are some things I wish I did differently, had I known what I know now.
WHAT I MISS
- Morning sickness. It sounds strange because, oh my, it was HARD, but I miss the excitement knowing that a baby was growing.
- I miss showing off my BUMP.
- I miss the feeling of movement and being able to see tiny hands and feet kick me
- I miss the excitement of going to my ultrasounds, hearing the heartbeat and seeing tiny movements
- I miss when my mum cried with happiness when she would come to appointments with me and hear the heartbeat
- I miss the anticipation. What was bubs going to look like? When was I going to go into labour? What would it feel like?
- I miss trying to figure out (based on old wives tales) if we were having a boy or a girl
- I miss thinking I was looking pregnant, when in reality, I was going to grow SOOO much more!
WHAT I WANT TO RELIVE
Pregnancy is a rollercoaster, but I have moments that stand out that I miss;
- The day we found out we were having a girl.
- Telling my family and friends.
- Going on holiday and coming back with my bump.
- Shopping for all of the ‘essentials’ (and definitely leaving with too much stuff)
WHAT I WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY
- Instead of wanting to rush through the nine months (and believe me, the last month or so, I couldn’t WAIT for it to be over), I wish I cherished every moment (and slept more…)
- I wish I took more photos
- I wish I let myself be more excited and embrace everything instead of being scared
- I wish I had taken better care of myself (mentally and physically)
I see so many people now announcing they are pregnant and I can’t help but be jealous, mainly because I feel cheated that the second half of my pregnancy was ‘stolen’ in a way due to COVID-19. There were things I had been looking forward to since before I was even pregnant, and the last trimester of my pregnancy, I was so consumed with fear and anxiety.
I am so blessed that our Little Girl is here, and the last three months with her have been amazing. Even though I missed out on a lot of ‘first’s’ with my first pregnancy, we will be making the most of all the first’s we get to share with our precious Darling.
Lots of love