Magnesium Deficiency, What’s the Big Deal?
by Andrea Young
Guys, it’s time for a serious chat. All about MAGNESIUM!
What is magnesium and why is it important?
Magnesium is a mineral that is ESSENTIAL in the human body and is responsible for over 300 biochemical reactions. It helps enzymes to function properly and is important for the growth of muscles and our bone health. It also helps our central nervous system to relax and assist with stress relief, while giving you a better sleep! (And we ALL love a good sleep!)
Even though this mineral is SO IMPORTANT for our bodies, so many people are magnesium deficient which can lead to many issues.
How do you know if you have a magnesium deficiency?
There are a number of symptoms, including;
- Low bone density – in order for calcium to benefit bone health, you need to have a sufficient amount of magnesium for it to be effective;
- Migraines and headaches – low levels of magnesium can constrict your blood cells and impact on your neurotransmitters, which can cause headaches and migraines;
- Muscle cramps and spasms – a starting sign of having a magnesium deficiency is frequent cramping or twitching;
- Sleep issues and insomnia – having trouble getting to sleep may be more than just having a lot on your mind, magnesium is essential for calming the nervous system and allowing the muscles to relax for a quality sleep;
- High blood pressure – can be linked to magnesium deficiency;
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome) – symptoms of PMS can be improved when magnesium levels are sufficient.
So, how do you boost magnesium levels?
As magnesium can’t be produced by the body, it needs to be taken from external sources, such as food. When it comes to diet, you can eat more magnesium rich foods such as; almonds, cashews, peanut butter, leafy greens, legumes, bananas and dark chocolate (uh, yes please!). However, many people have magnesium levels so low that diet alone is not enough. In this case, there are magnesium supplements which offer an easy and effective way to boost your levels. Our Muscle Recovery Spray is one of them! Magnesium is best absorbed directly through the skin, allowing your body to get all the goodness it needs.
Our Muscle Recovery Spray is a natural source of magnesium, this is the ultimate product is for exercise recovery by helping to aid bruised tissue and stimulate circulation.
You may feel a 'sting' when you first apply the spray - this is normal and means that your body is deficient in magnesium. There is no need to stress, continue to use the spray daily and eventually the 'sting' will stop.
The spray also contains Arnica Extract, which helps to reduce bruising and shorten recovery time. It increases circulation and helps to reduce pain and swelling from minor injuries.
Recover better and faster,