Everything you - and your skin- need to know about starting a skin care routine!
Everyone's skin care routine will look different, depending on their age, skin type, skin concerns and so many other factors.
It can be overwhelming when you are starting out, your mum might say you need products X, Y & Z, while your bestie might say she uses A, B, C & D.
What does skin care mean?
The skin is the body's largest organ, it does an amazing job at keeping all the good things inside and all the bad things out. It work around the clock to help regulate your body's temperature, as well as so many other things. Even when we are asleep, it is still working, and uses that time to rejuvenate itself, so its ready for when you start again in the morning.
There are many reasons the skin can become 'damaged', or not be able to function at its best (ageing, sun exposure, your diet...). Skin care is an essential for helping the skin to keep functioning at its best.
Imagine you had to clean your house every day by picking up each bit of dirt and dust by hand. You will quickly decide that you need a vacuum cleaner to do that for you. The idea of skin care is the same. Your skin has the ability to do everything, it just needs a bit of help.
Where do I begin?
This depends a lot on your skin type, skin concerns, your age and some lifestyle factors.
For example, you just turned 26. You have always had clear skin, and you are happy to just use a face cream you found at the supermarket for $5. Did you know that at 26, the skin naturally starts to age? If you continue to use the supermarket face cream, your skin will miss out on essential help it needs now to help reduce the signs of premature ageing.
Maybe your skin is super sensitive and you used to have a 6-step skin care routine, but your skin now has a reaction to products. This may be from either a reaction to food allergies, or, simply that you have been using too many products, that react with each other, causing you to have sensitive skin. When you start a more simple routine, with quality products, you could be happily surprised by the results.
What are the essentials?
Choosing 2-3 quality, effective products should be enough to get you started.
Your morning routine:
2. A Face Serum or Face Oil. This would depend on your particular skin concern, we have a range of targeted products that have been specially formulated with active ingredients for many skin conditions.
For example, you are about to turn 26 and want to get a head start on your anti-aging routine. You may choose our Anti-Age Face Oil as it has been formulated with natural, active ingredients to help visibly reduce the signs of ageing and the way we have designed our products makes it non-greasy, but has the ability to help strengthen the skin barrier - not to mention the instant glow!
If you are experiencing skin sensitivity, take a step back from your skin care routine. You may wish to use our Tinted Face Serum for skin hydration, anti-ageing properties, a natural sun protection AND a great alternative for a foundation. Perfect for sensitive skin.
3. As all of our Day Face Oils and Serums have a natural UV and DNA protector in them, this last step is only for excessive sun exposure, or if you would prefer a little more sun protection. Our Daily Moisturiser has zinc oxide in it, a natural sun protection, as well as anti-aging, hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties (also great for sensitive skin).
Your night routine:
1. Remove makeup - if you are wearing any.
2. Wash face. The same as in the morning, one of our face cleansers (pre-sale offer, comes with a complimentary Electronic Face Brush.
3. Our Night Repair Face Oil. This Face Oil is enriched with antioxidants as well as having anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing and hydrating properties. You will wake up with a wonderful dewy glow.
Starting a skin care routine, or just looking for new products, our range of skin care products are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. Each product also has many benefits, from hydrating the skin, anti-ageing properties and sun protection, so you can keep it super simple, or add them to a more advanced skin care routine.