It’s that time of year!
Melbourne has officially hit winter, and it is cold and windy and rains.
Everything is miserable, especially if your footy team is not playing well. So what better idea could you have than a spontaneous (or planned) trip across the ocean to somewhere sunny and warm, maybe a Greek island? (I wouldn’t say no!)
If you can’t decide which amazing places you want to visit, we have prepared you a little ‘Europe Bucket List’
- The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France: Wow oh wow, even if you’re travelling solo, watching this magnificent monument sparkle at night will have your heart burst and leave you feeling delirious with love.
- Stuff yourself silly with Belgium waffles in Brussels, Belgium: Europe is full of the most exquisite culinary dishes, but Brussels is the place to go for a food bender. From chocolate and waffles to their fries (the best thick-cut potatoes twice fried and served in a paper cone with mayo) and mussels, you’ll be in true foodie heaven – and don’t forget to pair every dish with a Belgium beer!
- Old Town Square in Prague, Czech Republic: The city’s famed clock has been in progress for over 600 years. The gothic spectacle tracks lunar phases and the suns position on the ecliptic and has a series of moving figurines – stay until the end for the crowing rooster
- Pub crawl in Dublin, Ireland: Potentially one of the most famous cities in the UK for their ‘pub scene’, so pull up a stool and raise a pint!
- Ride the tram in Lisbon, Portugal: These gorgeous, lemon-yellow trams are the quintessential Portuguese experiences – don’t forget to pick up an egg tart to complete your journey!
- The Tulips in Amsterdam, Netherlands: One of Europe’s most darling capitals, with one of the most picturesque streetscapes, the one thing that completes it is the burst of colour in the form of Tulips.
- Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain in Roma, Italy: Between all the pizza, pasta and gelato that you can eat, have a little stroll to the Trevi Fountain. They say that if you throw THREE coins into the fountain, the first one will ensure you return to Rome, the second will ensure a new romance, and the third will ensure marriage.
- Ride a gondola in Venice, Italy: Nothing says romance like a gondola ride around the canals of Venice. It is undeniably fun, and shows off the real Venetian charm.
There is so much that Europe has to offer, how do you know what to pack?
Maybe you would like a relaxing ‘Beach Break’ – consider the romantic Greek Island of Santorini, or maybe picturesque scenes of Positano, Italy.
- You’ll be living in your bathers, so make sure to pack a few pairs (or buy more there)
- Our Tan Accelerator Spray to get that beautifully bronzed skin
- Our Sun Recovery Spray to make sure your skin is hydrated and glows after a day in the sun
- A big beach hat
- And a delightful book to read while you sip on your cocktails
Or maybe you’re more of an adventurer, wanting to explore a new city?
- Definitely comfortable walking shoes
- Many pairs of shorts
- Our Muscle Recovery Spray, so that your tired legs will be ready for the next day of walking
- A bag that is both small, yet big enough to fit everything you’ll need for the day (sunglasses, a camera, maps and space for any souvenirs you pick up along the way)
So, escape from cold, dark and gloomy Melbourne, and bask in the new sights of a European city with so much to offer.
Whatever kind of holiday you decide, don’t forget to take our Flight Attendant Spray on board the plane with you, so you can arrive with a fresh, dewy glow! (After all, 24 hours on a flight is a long time!)